Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Diabetes 365

I rang in the New Year by being sick. Not the way I wanted to start a new decade, but life punches…and I roll with it. When I finally got the energy to log on to Twitter, I saw that most of my d-friends were talking about ‘d365’. Being the curious kitten that I am, I had to dig deeper.















Cherise at Diabetes Daily clued me in on what the buzz was all about..and it was exciting!

Diabetes 365 is a group on Flickr. It’s a 365 day project that gives you a glimpse into daily life with Diabetes. The basic idea is to post a Diabetes related picture each day for an entire year. Making an invisible disease visible. But, maybe it’s just a glimpse into someone’s life for all of us stalkers. Haha!

I don’t think my daily life is very different from everyone else. I mean, we all cry, smile, laugh, love, hurt, live, die…you get the idea. I just have to do a little bit more to survive. I mean, I don’t know what it feels like to wake up, pee, brush your teeth, take a shower, pour some cawfee, get ready for work and leave. My wake up routine has a few additional steps. Wake up, pee, test my blood, bolus or snack, brush teeth, take a shower, pour some cawfee, test blood, bolus, get ready for work, test blood, leave if bs is ok, eat if it’s not. Some days include going through the pod removal process followed by the insertion process, some days don’t. Some days include waking up to paramedics, some days don’t. My life is oddly the same yet wildly different day after day. Pretty much just like everyone else’s.

Only it’s not like everyone else’s….and that sorta sucks.

Diabetes 365 brings some fun into the insulin mix. It helps to visually connect with other’s walking down the same path you are. It’s a common bond we have. It makes us laugh, it makes us cry, it makes us frustrated, it makes us confused, it makes us wonder, it makes us scared, it makes living with a chronic disease a little easier and who doesn’t want that?














Check it out and, PWD, if you aren’t on board, come on! This is one band wagon I will advocate hopping on. Here’s to a fabu year in pictures.

*Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I have to admit I'm a little addicted to 365. It's fun:) thank you for the linking to my blog and I am so glad you decided to join D365:)

    ReplyDelete