Saturday, August 6, 2011

2011 JDRF Walk To Cure Diabetes







Hello, everyone.

This year, I will again be taking part in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes. Now that I am living in NY, Amanda & I will be walking with the JDRF NENY Chapter in Kingston, NY on October 2, 2011. Shesh will continue handling things Vegas style with our team, ‘Insulin: Shaken, Not Stirred’. Shesh rocked the walk last year and I know this year will also be a success! Speaking of our team, based on the number of New Yorkers that show interest, I may create a NY version of ‘Insulin: Shaken, Not Stirred’. How fantastic would it be to have a West Coast and East Coast team? Take the country by storm! Nationwide!! So, come on NY. Let’s do this!

As a type 1 Diabetic who deals with the every day challenges and complications of this disease, finding a cure means more to me than anyone can imagine. Not only do I deal with the daily struggle of survival, I deal with the repercussions of this devastating chronic disease…and so do my family and my friends. Type 1, or juvenile, diabetes, is a devastating, often deadly disease that affects millions of people--a large and growing percentage of them children.

Many people think type 1 diabetes can be controlled by insulin. While insulin does keep people with type 1 diabetes alive, it is NOT a cure. Aside from the daily challenges of living with type 1 diabetes, there are many severe, often fatal, complications caused by the disease. That's the bad news... and yes, it's pretty bad. The good news, though, is that a cure for type 1 diabetes is within reach. In fact, JDRF funding and leadership is associated with most major scientific breakthroughs in type 1 diabetes research to date. JDRF funds a major portion of all type 1 diabetes research worldwide, more than any other charity.

I have set a personal goal of $100. An average person usually receives $100 in donations, so I am sure, with your help, that I can reach and pass my goal. Every year our team raises thousands of dollars for this cause. I have no doubt that this year won’t be any different thanks to the generosity of people like yourselves.

To help us fight for a cure and to help JDRF help millions of children and adults like myself, please click here: Support Me!

To help my Vegas team, Insulin: Shaken, Not Stirred and my fellow Type 1 Twin (T1T), please click here: Support Us!

If you are interested in joining ‘Insulin: Shaken, Not Stirred’ Vegas, or would like to be part of & help create ‘Insulin: Shaken, Not Stirred’ NY, please send me a message at kellysblogs@hotmail.com. You can also contact me on Facebook at My Face Has a Book . Our team, ‘Insulin: Shaken, Not Stirred’, also has a Facebook fan page. It’s here you will find up to date information on both walks, see team photos and become part of something legendary! Log on and’Like’ today!

Team T-shirts are always available for purchase at Coolest T-shirts EVER! . These fashion statements were designed by our fabulous friend, Laura. You, too, can view Laura’s talent at ArtbyEllie.com

The NY event details are as follows:

Tech City

Kingston, NY

October 2, 2011

12pm


The Vegas event details are as follows:

UNLV

Las Vegas, NV

November 19, 2011

9:00am


More details will be forthcoming closer to the event dates.

This is going to be a great walk to support an even greater cause. If we all work together, I am positive that we can make a cure for Diabetes...Type 1, 1.5 and 2...a reality. We are so very close.

Thank you in advance!

*Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment