Thursday, November 3, 2011

Daily 'D' Disclosure - #2

November 3, 2011: I hate that Diabetes causes depression. I hate more that this disease sometimes has control over my happiness...and my self.



















I am typically a happy person. I believe laughter is the best medicine. I believe humor can be found in all situations. I believe in the happiness of hope. I believe I am strong enough to handle anything. I believe life should be enjoyed.

Then Diabetes knocks on the door of my self and spirit.

Most people aren't aware that Depression is a side effect of Diabetes. I never did. But, I am not surprised. The daily load of crap Diabetics deal with...every moment....every breath....every meal and every thought....is a vertiable nightmare on our psyche. Not to mention the addition of the normal, every day, non-diseased life things...bills...relationships...work...that beat you down on any given day. Another lovely addition is that I am a female...hello, crazy bitch ass hormones!

Sometimes I'm a hawt mess!

But....I carry on. I smile when I want to cry. I laugh when I want to scream. I love when I want to hate. I dance when I want to curl up in a fetal position.

We are all different and all handle ourselves, our spirits and our disease differently. So, please don't assume that all Diabetics are the same. The vast differences would amaze you, I'm certain. The one common ground we have, though, is strength.

Today, I will give my Depression approximately 42 more minutes of my life....and then I will move on.

*Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment