Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dr. Doesn't Feelgood.

I really have to get this off of my chest. It's something that has been annoying the piss out of me since....about...3 months after I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.

I freaking loathe doctors.

Hate them.

I have seen more doctors than any person should ever have to see. Every 3 months I'm sitting in some waiting room....waiting....waiting....waiting...just to be told that I have Type 1 Diabetes. Still.

Oh, there's other stuff I'm told....all of it bad.

So that sucks.

It just drives me insane. I feel like a good majority of my life....like ALL OF IT...has been taken over by this disease. The latest crap on my cracker was getting up early, missing my morning cawfee, driving my miserable, hungry and caffeine withdrawing ass to Quest for the typical 3 month bloodwork. This precedes the typical 3 month Dr. visit to make sure I'm a good little Diabetic that's not dead and not cured.

Joyous.

I wonder why I'm not a happier person.

I have always said that I should marry a Dr. This would make my life a tad bit easier since I could just roll over, say 'Honey, take my blood but I promise I'm still sick.', then get up and start my day like I usually do. Listening to my cawfee brew while I'm stabbing my finger and checking my blood sugar.

So, please listen to me all you new, young, Diabetics. Please take my advice and marry a Doctor. Better yet, marry an Endocrinologist. Trust me when I say this will save you A LOT of time, money and severe annoyance.

It's not just the Doctor or Endo, either. It's everyone in the medical field. Dentists, Optometrists, Podiatrists, Educators, Dieticians, Nurses, Phlebotomists, Pharmacists, Nephrologists, Cardiologists, Neurologists...cripes!! After all of these people in white, after all these 'ists', I'm gonna need a team of Psychologists, too!

I'm tired.

Tired of Doctors. Tired of their inane questions because they don't have the disease so they will never really understand it as I do. Sure they know the textbook version but they will never know the living version.

So, this is my vent today.

Hating Doctors.

Maybe on some other day I will appreciate them.

But not today.




















Today, I just want to shove a needle in their arm, blow in their eyes, make them blind, poke their gums, stick a pin in their feet....you get the point.

*Peace.

1 comment:

  1. OOH, I hate them too! SO not fun. I can hardly look at that picture, needles creep me out. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete