Thursday, December 18, 2014

My Vessel is Sinking.

I went to see my Dr. on Monday to go over some blood work that I had done.  I've been feeling like dogshit lately. Exhausted, sad and I gained 25 pounds.  I knew I was either depressed or it was my damn thyroid acting up again.

Sure enough.  It was a little of both.

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's a couple of years ago and have been trying to get it controlled since then.  With no luck.  Apparently, I am one of the 5% who have a hard time finding the proper dosage and gaining some control over my thyroid. 

Just like I'm one of the rare that has Type 1 Diabetes.  I swear...why doesn't this rarity thing happen with Lotto? 

Anyway, it's a bunch of crap.  I was riding to work with Abe the other day and started thinking about my health.  Here is the verbal diarrhea that ensued.

Diabetes can't be the reason my body is attacking itself.  It's my immune system that's effed....not my Diabetes.  I have T1D because of my immune system.  My immune system, which shall henceforth be called Asshat, decided to attack and kill my pancreas.  That caused me to have Type ONE Diabetes.  My immune system is attacking my thyroid.  This is causing me to have Hashimoto's.  The immune system is supposed to attack disease....not cause it.













So, Diabetes will obviously be the death of me. Of this I have no doubt.  It will cause many problems because that is the side effect of having Diabetes.  But, if I had a pancreas transplant...put a brand new, living, perfect pancreas in my vessel...it's only a matter of time before Asshat attacks it and I end up right back where I was.

This leads me to think that I don't necessarily need to find a cure for Diabetes, per se.  I should be looking for a cure for Asshat.  That would solve all of my health issues.  To teach Asshat that it's one main goal in life, it's one job in this vessel, is to attack the BAD stuff!  NOT the good stuff!  Asshat is obviously blonde.  But, how can Asshat be so stupid???  I'm not, so who taught Asshat to be backwards?













This is why when I catch a cold, or a virus or whatever, I get it 10x worse than the normal person. I am sick for weeks when a person whose immune system isn't an Asshat is only sick for a couple of days.  Or when I cut myself, I take weeks to heal when a nomal person only takes a few days.

Asshat is the problem.

Not Hasimoto.  Not Diabetes.  Just Asshat.

Does this make sense to anyone other than me?  Or has any other person thought about their immune system and whether or not it's an Asshat?  I'm curious. Please leave comments on this topic.

*Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment